There are mainly two options to create mobile apps for any individual or established mobile app development company. One is to create app from scratch with custom programming as per requirements or to use low code platforms to create apps.
LOW CODE APP DEVELOPMENT
Low code platform is a software framework which allow users to create apps easily without no or minimal coding involved. Such platform offers drag and drop features for non-technical users to create apps themselves without any hard code programming.
Basically, low code development platforms are developed for users who are either non-technical or have a limited programming knowledge.
Such platforms are blessing for business analysts as use of low code platforms and tools like (Rapid Application Development) helps them to create wireframes and explain the data flow to clients before they hire app developers for the full fledge application development.
Low code also allows developers to develop basic games without code. These low coding apps can be invaluable for enterprises and firms for rapid and affordable app development.
Contemporary examples of low-code platform are Xamarin, Bootstrap, WordPress
- Easy setup
- Easily understandable by the non-technical person.
- No or minimal requirement for coding.
- Low code platforms are made for the general use
- Low code platforms are speedy enough to meet the time constraints.
- Cost effective
- It’s just a framework and one cannot increase its scope.
- Cannot use native operating system features
- Customization limit
- Scalability Concern
- Security and reliability concerns
CUSTOM CODE MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT
With custom code app development, you will have to write code using specific programming language to create the app and nothing like drag and drop development feature is readily available to support. Custom code app development needs an in-depth knowledge of programming language to code the application.
Custom code apps developed using native programming languages like Android, iOS to develop mobile applications.
One should really look at the current as well as possible all future requirements before deciding the platform. i.e if app development is for any kind of custom report generations where data security is the main agenda, it’s better to go for custom development platforms.
- Custom application increases the efficiency and productivity of the specific organization.
- Updates and alterations can be performed as they are dynamic unlike low code applications.
- Modularity is maintained.
- It takes high time to build compared to low-code applications.
- Highly skilled programmers required to code the application.
- Development bids are difficult to be set in stone.
To put it in a nutshell, it is totally depend upon the organization to select amongst the two app development platforms as per availability of expertise and needs.
Although, use of native app platform over low code and cross- platform has always an added advantage of performance as they can have direct access to the host’s operating system .
Better UI / UX can be implemented along with the custom functionalities to get the high reviews and ratings. that can help to achieve better positions on the app stores which leads to the higher revenue at the end of the day.
Do you need any help with mobile application development? Connect with Continuum, the most experienced mobile app development company in Toronto.