Understand basics of Search Engine Optimization to rank on first page of the Google search engine results
Everybody wants to see their business website to rank on the first page of Google search engine and why not as for the most businesses their potential buyers are searching for services or products on Google search engine. And obviously if your business website is ranking higher on search results, there are chances that your potential customers visit your website and make an inquiry for the services or products they are interested to buy for them. And you get a chance to convert prospect customers into real buyers.
As google is dominating across all major search engines in the world, monthly millions of customers are searching for new products and services over Google. That's how it is called the moneymaking machine for most of the businesses who rely on it. And likewise ranking higher on the first page of Google becomes very important and more competitive as well. Google is continuously improving their search algorithms to offer relevant and authoritative information to their users. The search algorithm's recent updates do not allow website owners to stuff keywords all over the page to rank easily on various key terms, which was the case in the past. The algorithm updates like hummingbird has encouraged website owners to use natural language instead of just stuffing keywords that does not match the page content. Due to strict Google search algorithm updates towards spamming and blackhat SEO tactics, it is now impossible to rank overnight for the new websites and easy to get penalized if not followed SEO guidelines properly. Nowadays SEO is completely changed and it is more about ongoing efforts in the right direction with publishing more relevant, unique and high quality content, following on page standards and building high-quality backlinks to your website.
You might have heard this from SEO companies that SEO is a long term marketing technique which is 100% true if you are starting fresh and never implemented SEO to your business website before. You also need to keep in mind with whom you are competing and their years of efforts. If your selected keywords are having high competition, then you must analyze your competitors efforts who are already ranking on the first page of google considering you also wants to compete them. Find out how many backlinks their website have, what are those linking domains, what is their website domain authority and page authorities they have got. Now compare your website's data and see the gap to understand about the efforts and time you will have to invest to reach to their level and perhaps beat them into the competition. if there is a vast difference, you will not reach there overnight for sure but consistent efforts only can help.
Important onpage factors to consider
There are many technical factors to keep in mind for onpage optimization. I have listed few of them below that one should not miss while optimizing the site.
- You should add your focus keyword in your targeted web page link
- Add keyword in meta title and description of the particular page, first paragraph of the web page writing etc..
- You should incorporate at least one image to your targeted landing page with having focus keyword in the image alt tag.
- Don’t miss to add your focus keyword in H1, H2 tags of the page
- Try to avoid fancy features to your website that makes your website slow and creates trouble to render the page for google spiders.
Important Offpage factors to consider to rank your website on first page
- Don’t miss to submit and verify your business website to Google my business google.ca/business. Go through the google my business guidelines to make sure you are submitting accurate details to Google or else there are high chances to get delisted from google my business listing page and map rankings.
- Most important offpage factor is to create high quality backlinks from relevant sources. You should list your website to relevant and niche directories available for your business industry, profile sites, video sites etc.
- List your business to popular local citation sites to get noticed in local surroundings. if you wants to target local market, make sure you implement right strategy to your local SEO campaign and add target region to all important html tags in an appropriate way.
Overall, you need to be very patient and consistent with your efforts if you have just started implementing SEO for your business website. As your efforts will start paying you only after google will notice your work and in other words you won’t see the results unless & until google spiders crawls the high-quality backlinks that you have created. Don’t lose your hands early in the game if you don’t see the results right away and be more consistent with your approach.
If you are seeking for any help to implement organic SEO campaign for your business website; hire our affordable seo consultants toronto now.